Sunday, April 22, 2012

APRIL POEM-A-DAY


Day 17 – Two for Tuesday: science fiction/fantasy

“Science Fiction” – a form of fiction (story) which
draws imaginatively on scientific knowledge and speculation”
Macquarie Dictionary


I see the filaments
of silk
only when and where
light strikes.

I pull weeds, prune
for my convenience.
I tell myself the stories
from gardening books -
cutting back, reducing
competition, structure!
I apply science
for fertility, selective
development.

But does anyone really know
what makes a garden grow?

I believe birds
are necessary.
I believe companionship
and competition for light
can co-exist.
I believe in the healing
properties
of moving air, attentive
insects.

That is all made up
a fiction based on
nothing
about an objective
world
invented by science.

No comments:

Post a Comment