Monday, April 21, 2014

Poetic Asides Days 18 & 19



Day 18  a weather poem

Easter - combined effort with NaPoWriMo prompt

It rained of course:
without force
a day of mourning
and remorse.

So Friday’s dawning
a timely warning -
but rejoice the source
on Sunday morning!


Day 19  a colour

Coral

Having unravelled my attachment
to a quirky gift – another basket
crafted from local twisted spike reed –
I took my budget and intention -
to play the game - to Myers’ Gift Registry.

It was the word: coral: that caught
my attention, and the medium: cotton
which claimed my willingness
to search among the ‘throws’
available for thirty percent off.

And there it was: striped with cream
ready to casually drape a back
of lounge or rocker, or to wrap
or swaddle … oops! that attachment
set aside too. Let’s get the wedding over!



























  

No comments:

Post a Comment